As a child I was terrified of dogs. A big German Shepherd lived next door and I had nightmares all the time about that dog. I didn't like to go to houses where there were dogs. I was even afraid of my friend's Chihuahua. I remember running around her backyard trying to get away from it.
When I was around 10 to 14ish, some people paid me to feed their dog when they were out of town. I had to go outside to get the dish, then bring it in to make the food, then put it back out. I would get a little snack and crack the door open, throw the snack, grab the bowl and close the door before the dog came back. I was petrified. I was always afraid of being bitten by a dog. As I got older, the fear diminished. I'm still a little paranoid if I'm out for a walk and a dog is loose and barking at me. But, I don't live in fear anymore. There are even some dogs I really like. And it turns out, getting bitten by a dog isn't so bad. I always imagined skin ripped off and hanging, blood pouring, etc. I guess that could happen, but luckily, it didn't happen to me. My bite looks like two bruises with a red spot in the middle of each one. There was no blood, and I can still walk. It only hurts when it gets touched. It's a little anticlimactic.
My Last Bike Week
8 years ago

5 comments:
What happened? I hope it wasn't my dumb dogs, they escaped thursday and were picked up running around INSIDE Barns and Noble. :)
Oh my gosh! When did you get bit and who bit you?
So are you going to finish the story and tell us the details of this mysterious do bite?
Oops. Change "do" to "dog" in the previous comment.
Post a Comment