With the arrival of George W.(dubaya) to Salt Lake City I got an up close look at the President's entourage. These are the support helicopters that arrived the day before he did. His helicopter arrived just before his arrival in a C-5 cargo jet( the largest cargo carrier the military has). His trip was short but you can't believe all that has to be in place before he arrives. These helicopters arrived in formation the Saturday before he arrived. They are H-53s or sometimes called Jolly Green Giants. They are huge and are a smaller version of what the President flies on. Sometimes I just love my job.
My Last Bike Week
8 years ago

3 comments:
DAvid, I love that you write on the blog. One of these days I will get Richard to participate.
Did you get to shake his hand and for how long was the airport on standby?!
No I did not get to shake his hand he arrived before I got to work. The airport was closed for 30 minutes until he landed and taxied to the National guard ramp. Then the runway closest to him was closed until he left. About 1 hour.
So cool!
Post a Comment