
Andrew & Logan
We got to Santa Monica and visited a little and headed to bed. Easton got to sleep in a little tent, and it actually worked okay, he just didn't sleep in in the morning, because he could unzip and get out! We went to SMII ward on Sunday where I think I only know 1 or 2 people now, and then hung out. We went to the cemetery, and visited with the family. Kim made a delicious spaghetti dinner and we all laughed at Sarah's antics.

Monday morning the kids got to spend more time playing. All three of my kids LOVED playing with Sarah Jane, and she seemed to enjoy it, too.



We went to Campos for lunch (YUM!) and looked at the ocean, saw the nativity there, then headed up to Simi Valley.
Lauren was very excited about the ocean, she didn't remember ever seeing it before.Since the Steele's now have a Wii, much of the time there was spent playing, especially by Logan and Craig. Elizabeth entertained the kids by taking them to the park numerous times. Emily and I did the fitness circuit at one of the parks and walked around it and that was fun. On Tuesday we got to go to Del's work and see "Bedtime Stories" which was quite entertaining. We also saw some cool 3D shorts.
Easton, ready for the 3D movieWednesday was New Year's Eve and we ate lots of yummy food and played games. I tried to get Lauren to take a nap so she could happily stay up until midnight, but after laying in bed for 2 hours and not sleeping a wink I told her she could skip the nap. She ALMOST made it to midnight, but not quite. She fell asleep on the couch at about 11:45.

Here she is, out like a light.
After we blew horns and yelled and popped poppers we put her in bed.



2 minutes later she came out and shared in the festivities.

The next day was the drive again . . . shorter this time. We didn't have to slow down even once for traffic on the way home, and we beat the storm, so the weather was fantastic. We had a great time, thanks to Kim & Elizabeth for letting us stay and play. Yeah!
P.S. The next morning, Easton had puke in his bed again.


3 comments:
Fun, fun! I love to read the update! Gotta love California to visit (emphasis on 'visit'). Especially during the winter. Sorry about the puke though. Why does that ALWAYS happen the night before a trip? You have a dedicated friend in Alicia to clean that up! Glad you had fun!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a Christmas trip beginning and ending with puke. Fun, isn't it? I remember that drive from LA to SLC. We always stopped at the Burger King in Mesquite, Nevada because there was a little park behind it that the boys could frolic in. Ah, those were the days.
I am extremely jealous of all but the puke.
Post a Comment