Wednesday, August 20, 2008

From the mouth of my 5-year-old


I've had the same swim suit for probably 10 years. It's a one-piece, no support green thing that I wear shorts with. I decided (after a day at the pool where I was undoubtedly the most out-dated mom there) that I needed a new suit. I bought a dress one, and I think it's cute. It doesn't look maternity, and it doesn't look old lady-ish. We went to a water park, and I saw 4 other women with similar suits, so I was feeling pretty good about myself. I know I need to lose more weight, but I was actually feeling positive about myself after a day in the suit. Then, in the changing room, I hear this: "Mom, you're kinda chubby".

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Isn't that you in the picture? I think you look great!! Aubrey said a similar thing to me lately "Mom, you have a round tummy, you need to have a flat one" Did we WANT to have girls? I can't remember.

Alicia said...

Is this the suit you got? It's sweet!

Anonymous said...

Smack her! File it in your memory bank and get back at her someday. I remember mom, after I had Emily asking me, "Are you sure you had that baby because you still look pregnant."

Anonymous said...

I can relate, you and I both know after 4 pregnancies some things are just not ever going to be the same (i.e. the stomach)!

Greek Goddess said...

Don't worry, Rebecca looked at me the other day and then asked me if I was having a baby (which I'm not).
I just found your blog through Kim's! Good to see you cute kids. How did our daughters get to be 5 so fast. Wow. Where does time go. Check us out at yellowballoondays.blogspot.com
Dorothea