Thursday, October 23, 2008

TWO



My baby is two. We started the celebration on Monday, the only day this week not interrupted by work, school, scouts, primary, temple, etc. We took the kids to the zoo . . . it was Easton's 1st time. He really liked looking at all the animals. The bear walked in and out of a cave and every time it came out Easton would say "peekaboo". He also really liked a little owl and tried to play peekaboo with it, too. We all had fun. After Easton's nap we went to Grandma & Grandpa's house for more partying, cake, ice cream and presents. He loved it all. He even blew out his candles all by himself (something we couldn't say about Lauren until she was 4). Today we pulled Logan out of school for an hour and went to Burger King (so Easton could have it his way) for lunch and playing and opening presents. Because he's so proficient at blowing out candles, we put more candles in his leftover cake today and he blew them out again. Tonight at dinner we had popeye pancakes, one of Easton's favorites, and he asked for candles. So, he had candles on his pancakes tonight, then again on his ice cream after dinner. He might be let down tomorrow when I don't put candles in everything, turn out the lights and sing Happy Birthday like we did 3 times today.







Here's Easton with his new birthday jammies on, pretending to be asleep! We love him.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture is priceless! Seriously, how cool are you and Dave for taking E. and the gang to Burger King today (& esp. for pulling L. out of school)? Sooo cool. Your cake looks FABULOUS!!! I'm totally impressed. I love that he loves popeye pancakes, mmmm. They are soo good. Next time E. comes over, I'll be sure to put candles on his food, just for good times.

Rachel said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm sorry I missed it. Looks like I'm missing a lot lately! I think that cake ROCKS! You'll have to tell me the secret to getting the frosting that black (was it frosting or crushed oreos?) Very cute...and Easton is a DOLL! When are you going to bring him to see his Auntie??

Anonymous said...

What a spoiled boy! Candles really are the best things about Birthdays!

123 said...

Two already?! Where does the time go? Tell Easton his "grandma" says Happy Birthday :)

Melissa Ash said...

Yay Rozanne on the cake! You did it! I knew you could! It looks so fabulous!